Drug tests are very common nowadays, and many people try to get away with being detected for drugs using various techniques. You can click here to know to pass a drug test. Usually, people try to cheat their drug tests in three different ways.
Ways of cheating a drug test
- Substituting their urine with a purchased drug-free clandestine urine or synthetic urine.
- Drinking commercially available products to flush out drugs: These are available as tablets or fluids that dilute urine when consumed with large amounts of water. Eg. Absolute Carbo Drinks, Fast Flush Capsules, Ready Clean Drug Detox Drink, etc.
- Adding an adulterant in their urine specimen after collecting it: These include Stealth (peroxide and peroxidase), Clean ADD-IT-ive (glutaraldehyde), Klear (nitrite). Iodine is known to destroy marijuana metabolites.
What Is Synthetic Urine?
Synthetic urine is similar to the natural urine, except for the fact that it is non-toxic. It has a similar pH, specific gravity, and creatinine content when compared to normal human urine.
Specific tests are required to required to detect compounds like cortisol, which are normally found in human urine, but are not present in synthetic urine.
Synthetic urine is preferred by many drug users to pass their drug tests as this urine is used by drug test labs to calibrate their equipment.
How Do People Manage to get away with Synthetic Urine Drug Test?
People carry synthetic urine to their drug tests by usually one of the following methods
- By taping the synthetic urine bag it to their inner thigh
- By wearing two underwear and placing the bag between the two
- Women hide the bag in their sports bra or their vagina
- Some people even use the synthetic pee belts, rubber tubes or whizzinator.
When to avoid using Synthetic Urine for Drug Tests?
Some drug test places make their employees wear hospital robes, which makes it a little difficult to sneak in the synthetic urine.
Some places appoint supervisors who stand and watch the employees pee. In such a case, it is best to detoxify instead of opting for synthetic urine.
Things to Watch Out For when using the Synthetic Urine Drug Test
- The urine must contain Uric Acid and Urea. Most labs test for it, so urine without these is likely to fail.
- The sample must be at around the human body temperature level or (96-98 F or 36-37C). It is best to buy products that come with a temperature strip and a heating pad.
- One must be careful to buy the synthetic urine from a trusted supplier: samples containing masking agents like glutaraldehyde, nitrate, etc., which are not normally present in human urine – will signify that it has been tampered with.
- The color and odor of the urine must resemble normal urine. If the sample looks like water, it may warrant extra testing.
What Do Drug Test Labs do with the Urine Samples?
The drug tests usually perform an Enzyme Multiplied Immunoassay Technique (for drugs and proteins), followed by color spectrum analysis (to match the color of normal urine). If the result is positive, the sample is sent for performing Gas Chromatography- Mass Spectrometry – to detect illicit substances or their metabolites in the urine sample.
Urine substitution is an offense with serious potential consequences. Although this method can work, one can lose their job or job opportunity, or even go to jail- if caught.